We can't detail everything happening in conjunction with MacWorld Expo SF 2009 but we want to highlight performance related products we hope to feature in the coming days. (We'll include products announced during the show even if the company does not have a booth at the show.)
Performance Related Hardware Announced by Apple
- Unibody 17" MacBook Pro with up to 2.93GHz clock speed and up to 8 GB of RAM. It also supports up to 8 hours battery life. CTO options include a 256GB SSD and matte display finish.
Third Party Performance Related Hardware
Third Party Performance Related Software
- Roxio (booth 2238) has launched Toast 10 Titanium Pro whose new features include support for backup of original video from AVCHD camcorders direct to DVD or BD media in one easy step and addition of over 20 new DVD and Blu-ray Disc menu styles.
- FileMaker 10 (booth 1225) has a dramatically improved user interface.
- Parallels Desktop for Mac 4.0 build 3810 adds DirectX 9.0 with Shaders Model 2 support and SSE4 support. (booth 2138)
- SoftRAID (booth 342) announced SoftRAID 4.0, with Fast Mirror Rebuilds and SnapShot Disks.
Performance Related Vendor Booths to Visit
If you are wandering the floors of the Expo looking for performance related products, the following booths are worth a visit:
- BlackMagic Design 1912
- CalDigit 3527
- LaCie 2332
- Newer Technology 2322
- VMware 2202
Summary Thoughts on MacWorld Expo
Nice to see the 17" MacBook Pro updated. I hope Apple follows in a few weeks with an announcement of a "Nehalem" Mac Pro, "nVidia" iMac, and "nVidia" Mac mini. If you want to see the entire keynote, Apple has posted the QuickTime Replay of it.
"Looking over the fence," we list products from the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
WHERE TO BUY MACS
If you live in the USA, please click on THIS TEXT LINK or our display ad at the top of the page. Don't forget the SPECIAL DEALS on refurbished Macs and iPods (with full factory warranty). Also check with...
Don't live in the USA? We have affiliate relationships with the following: